Where is Niagara Falls?
There are not many people who are not aware of the awesomeness of the Niagara Falls. Niagara is one of the natural wonders that spans over two countries, Canada and USA. It is actually three waterfalls across this international border between Ontario in Canada and New York in USA. The three waterfalls are:
- Horseshoe Falls: This waterfall is mainly located on the Canadian side and is also the largest of the three waterfalls.
- The American Falls: The American Falls is entirely located in USA and is separated by an island, the Goat Island. This is the second biggest of the three water falls.
- The Bridal Veil Falls: This is the smallest of the three and is also located entirely on USA side of the border. It is separated from the other falls by the Luna Island.
Niagara Falls in Canada is also called the Canadian Falls although it is officially called the Horseshoe Falls. The major section of the Niagara River flows over Horseshoe Falls, as compared to the other two Niagara Falls. After all this is the largest of the three.
A few interesting Facts of Niagara Falls (Horseshoe Falls):
The Niagara Falls is the result of the water that flows from the Niagara River. However there are four great lakes that supply water to the Niagara River and they are:
Niagara is massive in terms of water flow and volume however it is not the largest waterfall in the word. Victoria Falls in South Africa is the largest waterfalls in the world and Niagara Falls comes in a close second. Here are few more facts to get a better idea of what to expect when you visit:
- The Height of the Falls is 170 ft (52 metres).
- The Crestline is 670 metres wide.
- The depth of the river at the section near the base of the Water Fall is 184 ft ( 56 metres)
- The approximate flow rate of the water fall is 168,000 cubic metres.
A tourist Attraction:
Tourists have spotted the beauty of this location since the early 1800s and began to come in many number to catch a glimpse of the stunning scenery and beauty. There are many things to do at Niagara and that list continues to grow since many other attractions have come up lately. Although the main attraction at Niagara is the Falls itself but due to the sheer amount of people that come to visit the falls each year there are now many other attractions here too. Some of them are listed below:
- Maid of the Mist: This is a boat ride, one that you are likely to remember for a while. Small coal powered steam boats ferry people to and from the base of the falls. These boats get very close to the falls itself and you are bound to get quite wet. It Is highly advisable to use the rain gear provided and is best ways to experience the Niagara Falls.
- Niagara Falls View Casino: Niagara is now home to a Casino as well. This becomes very popular place once the sun goes down. It is a place with 150 table games and thousands of slot machines. But that is not all the casino also has a massive shopping area where you can shop yourself mad. The Avalon Ballroom hosts many concerts and performances throughout the year and will keep you entertained. Besides which it also has a golf course and spa for those who are interested.
- Niagara Park Botanical Gardens & Butterfly Conservatory: This is a nice place to enjoy the nature away from the buzz that the Falls. Just so that you know the main besides the buzz of the several visitors, the main buzz is that of the Falls itself. The sound generated by the Falls can be thunderous. The garden features many thousands of species of plants and is also home to many thousands of butterflies in the conservatory. You also have the opportunity to visit the garden in style on a horse and carriage.
- Skylon Tower: This an alternate method of viewing the falls. Once you have actually visited the Falls itself up close you can pay a visit to this tower that dominates the Ontario Skyline. The 775 foot high tower has a breath-taking view of the Niagara Falls. Besides the observation deck, there is also a revolving restaurant from which you can enjoy a bird’s eye view of the illuminations at night.
- Inniskillin Winery: For those who enjoy fine wine, Inniskillin is just the place to go down and do some wine tasting. It is best known for its Icewine that is made from grapes that are frozen on the vine over the winter to intensify the flavour.
- Marine World: If you need something to keep the kids who are beat from hiking to and from the Falls or simply looking for a good show, the Marine World can provide just that. This place happens to be home to the largest killer whale habitat in the world. The most popular shows are the Dolphin and the Sea Lion shows though.
Besides all these attractions, Niagara has been one of the most desired places for the Honey Moon occasion. This has been historically the most popular place for a Honey Moon and still continues to be one.
In addition to this it is also a place where you can catch the thrill of your life in the numerous sporting activities and adventures there.
The best way to get there:
It has been established that motor coach travel is the safest modes of transportation in Canada, it is also a fact that Can-Ar has taken the safety standards a notch upwards. They are proud to be leading in the safety standards. From the assurance of the Driver to the maintenance of the Coach they leave no stone unturned. It is little surprise that Can-Ar Coach is one of the few who are very popular and for so long. They organize several tours, the casino bus tour from Toronto to Niagara Falls is one of them. The fact of the matter is that Can-Ar coach has been operating the Coach Service in North America since over 35 years now and that too with a fleet of 40 luxury tour coaches.
About Author:- Lopez Nora
Hi I am Lopez Nora. I am a Freelance Writer and I write topics on various Topics like Science,Entertainment, Real Estate and Travel tips. Follow me on Twitter, on Google +Lopez, on StumbleUpon and/or become a friend on Facebook.